Welcome to Running of the Chihuahuas V! Saturday, May 20th from 1-5pm on the Southwest Waterfront between 6th and 7th streets. Dogs will race in heats of up to 8 dogs each, with a championship race for the winners of each heat. First prize is $150, second place is $100 and third place is $50.
Please note, due to high demand, the total number of dogs racing is capped at 128!
- All dogs racing must be a Chihuahua or Chihuahua mix. Dogs must be 15 pounds or less.
- All vaccinations must be current.
- All dogs must be on a leash when not involved in a race, unruly dogs will be excused.
- Owners are required to clean up after their dog(s).
- Only dogs running in the current heat called will be allowed in the track area.
- Only two handlers are allowed in the race area per dog. One at the start and one at the finish.
- No food, toys or other pets are allowed in the designated race area.
- Owners cannot throw, push or in any way give the dogs a head start at the beginning of the race.
- Owners cannot throw any object(s) onto the track before, during or after the race.
- Owners cannot run up and down the track during the race.
- Owners cannot reach for the dog at the finish line. The dog must cross the finish line on its own.
- The winning dog will be the first to run completely through the track finish line.
- Judges are not professional judges.
- This is an event meant only for entertainment.
- On Tap reserves the right to use photos for future advertising.
- Must be 21+ with valid ID to consume alcoholic beverages.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- By entering your dog you agree you will not hold Corona, Cantina Marina, On Tap or any other sponsors or event partners responsible for injury to you or your dog. You understand that dog owners are responsible for their dog(s) at all times and unruly dogs will be excused with no refund. You agree to all rules and regulations above.
- Event is free to attend and open to the public. Race Entry Ticket is for DOGS to participate in The Running of The Chihuahuas during the event.
Must be 21+ to purchase alcohol